Sunday, December 17, 2006

blogging, my downfall


many longtime readers here, well, both of them anyway, realize that the problems with my blog started with the switch to Blogger Beta, from which i have never fully recovered.

It did cause me to think, at some time, that I would migrate the whole speaking of ashes archive over to WordPress, but, yes, you guessed it, one can't do that with a Beta Blogger blog.

I will say that I have reluctantly and begrudgingly gotten speaking of ashes to more or less load correctly in Mozilla and now i have found that it sometimes loads incorrectly on Internet Explorer. I don't know why people are using that mess of a program, I suspect most of them are in offices with nasty tech departments determined to keep everyone's hands tied, but alas they are out there.

May I then highly recommend the IE Tab add-on from the indefatigable PCMan (Hong Jen Yee), with a note that I have no idea what he is doing in this picture. IE Tab allows you to have pages rendered by Internet Explorer in a Mozilla Tab so you can get a pretty strong idea what the lonely IE user is actually seeing. With that said, I'd like to ask if there are any IE users out there who are still seeing my side-bar loading on the bottom of the page ? ? ? If you are there, please complain to me directly, and I will continue pondering the problem.

And without linking to the ridiculous Time magazine piece, I do congratulate all of you for now sharing this tremendous honor with the likes of Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Ronald Reagan, true heroes of the past. It is great getting an award from the people we are all working against, without the morons even realizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment